Monday, March 29, 2010

Flip-Flop

If politicians can do it, why can't I?

No, no flip-flopping on homeschooling. If anything, I'm more committed than ever to do it. At first I decided to start hs next year, but then I thought, why wait? So then I figured I'd take them out at spring break. I got all fired up and started working on IHIPs and ordering curriculum materials, but it just didn't feel like the right thing to do. Now the plan is to wait until next school year.
I think it will work out better for the kids this way. There's no "clear and present danger" for them at school and this way they get to say goodbye to friends and teachers that they care about. The problem is that I don't want to tell them until the end of the school year, but I'm just DYING to tell them. I'm terrible at keeping happy secrets.


2 comments:

Carrie Anne Schmeck said...

Hey Fellow Newbie...
Totally get what you mean about "when" to start. I pulled my son out of school at the end of February. He had originally asked that we wait until after the quarter end but once he started ruminating about the freedoms he could enjoy, he asked to start sooner. For him, school was wasting his time because he has a bit of an LD. For me, it's been the right thing to do but quite an adjustment midstream to fit schooling into my already established routines. I will subscribe to your blog. I started one, also: http://thsregel.blogspot.com to chronicle the journey...because that is what it is! Best to you. :-) Let's support each other!

Jennifer Hill said...

IHIP, huh? You must be in upstate NY? I just moved to Texas from Upstate NY, and I gotta tell ya, it is SO much easier to homeschool here!!! NY was impossible!!!