Thursday, March 25, 2010

Books Books and More Books

The hardest part about getting started, is knowing where to start in the first place.  Lucky, I have gotten lots of recommendations of books, but most of them aren't sold at any of our local book stores.  Living in rural upstate NY has it's disadvantages.  I'm not comfortable spending a bunch of money on books that I haven't gotten to look through.  That's one where Amazon's "look inside" feature just doesn't cut it.
Singapore Math Practice, Level 2A, Grade 3
I went to Barnes and Noble on Monday and looked through their section of educational books.  They didn't have much of anything.  They did have a few of the Singapore Math books that I had been wanting to see.  I decided that they looked like they would be good for my kids, but I still went to Amazon to order them.  Search Amazon.com for singapore math

I think I'm set to go with math, but I still have a whole lot more to find.  I'd love to hear what has worked for you and why you liked it.

No comments: