Friday, May 14, 2010

Curse of the Mummy!

The Discovery Times Square Exposition is showing a King Tut exhibit from now until January 2011. Even though it is relatively close, we haven't been to NYC yet. This seems to me to be a really good excuse to go.
I've read several books about King Tut and ancient Egypt to the kids the last few days. We're learning about the Egyptian gods, kings and mummies. I want to print out some pictures of various Egyptian gods that they will be able to look for while we are at the exhibit. There is also a website with science, art and writing curricula to go with the exhibit.

It's kind of gross, but the kids have also enjoyed Discovery Kids mummy making game. The kids have already put their own potato "kings" in salt to mummify them. I'll post pictures and instructions if they turn out.

This seems to me to be a great way to start our study of history this summer. Any suggestions of other things we can do?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Please email me! I have a question about your blog :)
HeatherVonsj@gmail.com