Monday, April 26, 2010

You're doing WHAT?!

Should I just wear a sign around my neck and save myself the trouble?


I don't know how or when to tell people we are going to homeschool. My two oldest are going to finish out this school year, so it's kind of weird to say that we are homeschooling.

I have spoken to a few friends about it and the ones who know us best aren't very surprised. I did tell one old school friend via Facebook that I haven't had much contact with otherwise and she was pretty shocked and little horrified. I will admit I was a little irritated by that, but at the same time I found it funny. I should just start randomly telling people at inappropriate times and see what happens.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I homeschool my four kids. You wanna make somethin' of it?"

How and when did you tell people you were close to and how did they take it? Leave a comment by clicking the number at the upper right hand corner of this post.

2 comments:

Jennifer Hill said...

Hmmm...let's see...my MIL told my hubby "I thought you said you talked some sense into her??", many people simply think that once they convince me of how great the school system is, then I will send them back...I have 5 kids, and I have a lot of people tell me I'm crazy, I should be sending them to school so I get a break, blah blah...but nearly ALL objects I get have to do with socialization...didn't know THAT was the main purpose of the school system!

The Momma said...

That's the first thing people say to me too, "But what about socialization?" My kids must have been socially stunted from birth to age 5. Thank heavens we have school to fix that. :)